About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in nine convenient community locations across the greater Houston area. Texas Children’s Urgent Care has also expanded to serve the children and families of Austin, Texas, with its first community location in South Austin. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Certified Diagnostic Technician TCUC -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform radiological exams and perform technical laboratory tests and report results timely to providers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs Radiological Exams
• Performs Laboratory Tests
• Collects Specimens and Performs Laboratory Test
• Reports results to Provider
• Performs quality control procedures, instrument calibration testing, proficiency testing and maintains supply par levels
• Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skill
• Administers medication and immunizations
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Required H.S. Diploma or GED. Preferred Bachelor's Degree
• Licenses/Certifications: Required - MRT - Medical Radiologic Technologist by the State of Texas, BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association. Preferred MT-AMT - Medical Technologist - AMTASCP or AM
• 1 year of radiology technologist experience