About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for Medical Technologist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform routine and special procedures to obtain data or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Determines suitability of specimens and orders by verifying patient demographic information, receipt documentation, and recognizing and troubleshooting erroneous, inconsistent, and special orders
· Performs routine and special procedures accurately according to policy and procedure manuals; evaluates results for correctness; recognizes abnormal test results and performs appropriate problem-solving procedures in a timely manner as documented in section records
· Orders supplies as needed to maintain set inventory levels and complete patient orders
· Determines suitability of supplies at every step of handling from receipt to final disposition and immediately quarantines and/or discards unsuitable supplies
· Performs and documents results of all quality control procedures according to the written guidelines in the appropriate logs and immediately quarantines any defective reagents
· Participates in the teaching of other personnel and continuing education
· Performs assignment of "in-charge" technologist in the absence of the supervisor or technical specialist by prioritizing and expediting workflow and making decisions according to department guidelines and policies and documents problems encountered/resolved for review by supervisor
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· MT-STATE, MT-AAB, MT-AMT, CLSP, IMLS, BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, MLS-ASCP, MT-ASCP, MB-ASCP, MP-ASCP or MT-NCA certification required