About Texas Children's HospitalStrategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Patient Access Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assistance within a comprehensive guest services program that helps meet the unique needs of members and families to include appointment assistance, directions, transportation, and problem resolution. You will also manage and respond to all customer inquiries regarding member accounts and ensure appropriate issue resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes
· Greets patients, members, and families upon arrival and directs them to their destination
· Schedules appointments per practice protocol. Advises Care Team of issues with requests for same day appointments
· Investigates family barriers in order to achieve appointment compliance
· Answers telephone calls, assesses needs and determines appropriate actions for account resolution
· Serves as the change fund custodian by counting the change fund and document in accordance with organizational policies and procedures that the fund has been counted at the beginning and end of each business day or shift
· Updates guarantor and patient demographics, insurance information, requests, and payment arrangement information as needed
· Achieves desired outcomes as identified in assignment, program, or other initiative team goals, as well as individual goals, to achieve performance targets
· Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or GED required
· College degree preferred
· 2 years customer service or business experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required