We are searching for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator with Texas Children's Outpatient Infusion Center at our West campus— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision and coordination of care given by others, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the ambulatory care setting in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, associate’s degree, or technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement or an associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license required or must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN with a verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement
- RN License by Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse Licensure Compac
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- 3 years’ or more experience in nursing
- Responsible and accountable for the daily care coordination of patients within area of clinical
- Provides education concerning various aspects of the care
- Coordinates nursing care of patients across various departments and subspecialty services by
- demonstrating commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and
- customer service skills
- Coordinates initial education of patients by phone
- Coordinates visits with diagnostic imaging department and appropriate sub-specialists
- Ensures staffing needs are met
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.