We are searching for a Manager of Health Centers with our Outpatient Specialty Care Clinics North Region -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will direct, supervise, and coordinate the daily operations of the Health Centers and various projects as assigned by the Director of the Health Centers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare-related field required
- MHA, MBA, or clinical background preferred
- 3 years healthcare experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Manages daily operations of assigned Health Center, including, but not limited to customizing practice site operations, creating, and overseeing annual capital and operating budgets, and monitoring financial performance and billing
- Communicates and collaborates with team members to ensure the successful operation of Health Centers including but not limited to physician, parent, patient complaints and suggestions
- Manages human resources through hiring, developing, and coaching competent staff and investigating/resolving all employee, patient and physician complaints and concerns
- Ensures regulatory compliance of assigned Health Centers by all accrediting bodies including JCAHO, HCFA, CLIA, OSHA, and ADA, TDH
- Ensures that JCAHO requirements specific to your department are fulfilled but also understand the linkage between your department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system
- Conducts special projects as needed
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.