LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Speech Language Pathologist, Clinical Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will appropriately diagnose and treat patients primarily between the ages of 0 –21 years with speech, oral motor/swallowing, language, and learning disorders.
This is a part time position. We are hoping between 20-30 hours so looking for 2 – 3 days a week. This will be an outpatient position focused on pediatrics, general language, articulation, etc.
Schedule: Thursday/Friday - extra day could be Tuesday
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs patient evaluations/consultations and interprets results
• Provides results verbally to patient and/or family/caregiver and/or to referral source
• Develops treatment plan in conjunction with patient and/or family/caregiver
• Implements treatment plan and monitors progress on an ongoing basis
• Maintains records as required by law, IDS policy and administrative regulations
• Documents evaluation procedures, results, diagnoses, and recommendations
• Attends and participates in continuing education programs as required to maintain licensure and promote professional growth
• Promotes speech-language pathology services within the community and the IDS
• Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology field of study required
• CCC-SLP certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association required
• TX-SLP license from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation required
• 1-year professional speech-language pathology experience with pediatrics required
• Preferred experience with pediatric dysphagia evaluation and treatment in medically complex populations
• Patients range in age from infancy to adolescents
• Must be skilled in complex feeding therapy techniques
• Evidence-based evaluation and treatment methods
About Texas Children’s