We are searching for a Clinical Dietician— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assess the nutritional needs of patients, develop and implement nutritional care plans, and communicate information to those in need in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of the patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Registered Dietician (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registry
- Licensed Dietician (LD) from the Texas Department of Licensing
- Develop, implement and evaluate patient nutritional care plans
- Provide age-appropriate education to support the nutritional plan of care and assess the learning needs and readiness to learn for all patients and families
- Collaborate with other professionals to integrate and communicate nutrition principles that enhance patient outcomes
- Participate in and interpret uses for research the enhance clinical practices
- Document nutrition care effectively within medical records and utilize SBAR techniques to facilitate handoffs to the different level of care or care providers
- Contribute to departmental development and visibility by actively participating in the review and revision of nutrition-related resources and policies and procedures
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.