We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Children's Outpatient Pain Management clinic at our West campus — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, supervision and coordination of care given by others, and the coordination of services required for patients outside the ambulatory care setting in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Or Associates Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement Or Technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement Or Must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN.
- Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required.
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- 1 year of professional nursing experience
- EPIC experience highly preferred
- Uses appropriate evidence-based assessment, complex interviewing techniques and instruments related to ambulatory care nursing in collection pertinent patient, family, or population specific data
- Develops and continuously updates an individualized plan for patients seeking care for health promotion, health malignance, or health-related situational problems
- Prioritizes interventions and implements the plan of care in partnership with the patient, family, caregivers, and other health care professionals in a timely manner
- Conducts a reevaluation and follow-up of care delivered based on the patient’s needs, the patient’s condition, or the patient’s request
- Incorporates the patient’s families’ and caregiver’s ability to understand and participate in the plan of care
- Uses ongoing reassessment data to revise the diagnoses, expected outcomes, and implementation of the plan as needed
- Demonstrates patient advocacy as evidenced in response to patient care issues and collaboration with the health care team
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.