We’re hunting for an Ambulatory Services Rep II, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing virtual and/or non-virtual ambulatory clinics. May orient the patient to the virtual visit process to ensure patient success, if applicable. Will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointments, insurance, and history. Will collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. Will secure the financial integrity of the patient's account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Admission- Check-In/Welcome desk, PAR's, Registration, Past Pending.
- Performs patient registration procedures per department process.
- May ensure patient is oriented to the virtual visit process and has all technology set up to successfully complete their visit.
- Ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit
- Communicates with patients, staff and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes.
- Alerts clinic staff and providers of any changes or discrepancies in patient’s scheduled appointment
- Refers all patients with inadequate funding to the financial counselor with zero reported complaints.
- Changes status of all appointments daily to reflect arrived, cancelled, no-show, or rescheduled status.
- Maintains an organized filing system of current referrals in progress and already appointed, communicates all missed appointments to PCP and destroys missed referrals after one month.
- Reviews new referrals with provider of the day regarding appropriate appointment status. Reviews provider schedule for open slots to appoint patients. Coordinates scheduling.
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process, e.g., calls escort, helps with paperwork as needed.
- May perform closing procedures (i.e.- reconciling fee receipts, completing deposit notification forms, reconciling petty cash, balancing the credit card machines, completing batch reports in accordance with department processes.
- Insurance Authorization/Collecting cash & deposits.
- Charge Entry, Billing and Reconciliation.
- Customer Service and communication.
- Flowmaster and Room Management.
Skills & Requirements
- Required H.S. Diploma or GED
- Required 2 years' experience in customer service with preferred Healthcare and/or Pediatric experience
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.