LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Surgical Technologist I - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure; and assist the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Educational program completion for surgical technologists which may include training programs for surgical technology in the army, navy, air force, marine corps, or coast guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by one of the following: National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting OR National Center for Competency Testing
• Knowledge of a wide variety of instrumentation, equipment, supplies, and surgical procedures particular to an operating room
• Ability to communicate effectively, be attentive, and anticipate the needs of the surgeon
• Ability to operate sterilizers, microscopes, and surgical equipment related to surgical specialties, i.e., fiberoptic equipment, electrocautery unit, suction machines, orthopedic tourniquets, air powered equipment
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to meeting customer needs
• Performs patient care related duties
• Prepares O.R. equipment and supplies while performing patient care related duties in an age appropriate manner
• Demonstrates effective time management skills
• Cares for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonates, Infants, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult patients
About Texas Children’s