LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Certified Sterile Processing Technologist-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure, assisting the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age-appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• 2 years Sterile Processing experience in a hospital setting required
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Licenses/Certifications: CRCST - Cert-Cert Reg Cent Ser TECH by The Healthcare Sterile Processing Association and CSPDT - Cert-Sterile Proc & Dist Tech by the Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician issued by The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
• Processes decontaminated medical devices as they are received, according to established priorities, medical device IFU’s and best practices
• Receives instruments from the decontamination area and processes appropriately
• Performs physical and environmental duties as designated on a routine daily basis, including but not limited to cleaning workspace/instrument room/cabinets, emptying biohazards waste, monitoring sterilizers, and checking environmental monitors
• Completes sterilization processes
• Performs high-level disinfection
• Performs other duties as assigned, including other essential instrument room duties
About Texas Children’s