LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for an Anesthesia Technician I -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist licensed anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation and application of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia. In this role they contribute to safe and efficient anesthesia care. They provide support to anesthesia in routine and complex surgical cases. Provide service by preparing and maintaining patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before, during and after anesthesia.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• Preferred Licenses/Certifications
• BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
• CER-A-T - Cert-Cert Anesthesia TECH by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists (ASATT)
• Technical Diploma - Completion of an anesthesia technician training program approved
• Required 1 year hospital environment
• A certification through the American Society of Anesthesia technologists & technicians (ASATT) will substitute for the one (1) year of required experience
• Performs and/or assists with procedures. Assists anesthesiologist with preparation and placement of neurophysiologic monitors.
• Assists with induction by connecting patient to monitors.
• Assists with intubation. Assists with the maintenance of patient’s airway.
• Assists with the insertion of IVs and other invasive lines. Assists anesthesiologist during outside cases.
• Assists and anticipates needs of anesthesiologist in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as arterial access, central venous access, fiberoptic intubation and/or difficult airway situations.
• Provides support to the patient care team throughout the case.
• Performs salvaged blood processing per protocol, as required by Department when needed. Assists anesthesiologist with volume infusions as directed during intraoperative procedures.
• Prepares and sets up equipment. Prepares age-appropriate anesthesia equipment, monitors, and airway. Prepares IV, arterial line, fluid/blood warmer and CVP setups.
• Prepares and assembles transducer lines and equipment necessary for invasive monitoring. Prepares age appropriate equipment for fiber optic intubation.
• Provides troubleshooting to correct equipment problems. Performs complete standard Anesthesia Apparatus checkout. Assists with maintaining and evaluating anesthesia related equipment.
• Evaluates, prepares, and sets up equipment needed to perform out of department anesthesia procedures.
• Conducts other patient-related procedures. Sets up, maintains and transports specialty devices used in the clinical area. Transports patients from monitored beds to OR.
• Trouble-shoots and corrects monitoring equipment problems. Responds immediately to OR room calls that require assistance regarding supplies, pharmaceuticals, blood products, forms equipment or other items required during the surgical procedure.
• Assists in the preparation and draping of patient invasive monitoring/procedures. Cleans room and restocks anesthesia machine prior to the patient entering the room.
• Stocks the operating rooms, specialty carts, anesthesia carts, equipment rooms and remote anesthesia areas with disposable/reusable supplies used by anesthesia.
• Supervises the maintenance of anesthesia equipment. Inventories and stocks anesthesia supplies consistent with departmental demands.
• Maintains an inventory of properly functioning anesthesia equipment in designated area to track repairs. Organizes, cleans and neatly maintains all shelves and drawers where anesthesia supplies are kept. Retrieves equipment and inspects for problems.
• Maintains sterile supplies within expiration date.
About Texas Children’s