LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates Family Centered Care in a cost-effective manner and is developmental and age-appropriate for the patient population.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• High School Diploma or GED accredited by the Board of Education.
• Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g. Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associates Degree/etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program)
• OR Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire
• OR One (1) year of direct patient care experience
• Assists with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
• Provides high-quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
• Assists in identifying patient/family response to care provided responsibilities
• Maintains accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
• Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal communication, and customer service skills
• Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals.
About Texas Children’s