We are searching for a Social Work Clinical Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will support the Manager of Social Work, Assistant Director of Child Life and Social Work, and Director of Patient and Family Services by providing clinical expertise and direction in the field of Social Work throughout the Texas Children's system, coordinating the on-boarding and ongoing clinical supervision of licensed Social Workers, providing project leadership for inter and intradepartmental priorities and implementing solutions under the direction of leadership.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Licenses/Certifications: LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker, OR LMSW-AP - Licensed Master Social Worker - Adv Pract- By the State of Texas
- 5 years of Social Work Experience
- Ensures high-quality social work clinical practice throughout the Texas Children’s system. Collaborates with a social work team to assist in planning, implementation, and evaluation of the treatment approach in learning to utilize theoretical knowledge, sound judgment, and problem-solving. Acts as a clinical resource to staff and other members of the health care team.
- Serves as an educational and clinical resource for the social work team. Develops and maintains department core competencies program with goals to continuously monitor and develop specific social work clinical skills. Creates validation criteria for staff to meet and develop competencies identified to ensure high quality of social work skill validation.
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates unit-based orientation. Oversees orientation process to ensure consistency and provides appropriate feedback/evaluation of progress. Participates in core preceptor development to assist in the orientation of new employees.
- Participates in the professional development of self and other social work professionals, as well as students. Coordinates student program and clinical supervision programs, including practicums, observations, and volunteer experiences. Provides clinical leadership for internship and/ or student programs.
- Develops and initiates the Psychosocial Plan of Care. Conducts bio-psychosocial assessment and formulate intervention strategies for a comprehensive treatment plan. Communicates with the patient, family, and team.
- Ongoing coordination and reassessment of the Psychosocial Plan of Care. Makes resource referrals. Intervenes as necessary in school-related issues.
- Provides an array of counseling services. Initiates crisis intervention as required. Engages patient/family in problem-solving as required.
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.