We are searching for an Inpatient Nursing Manager (RN) – Acute Care - someone to maintain shift accountability for clinical and personnel activities and to provide support to the Assistant Clinical Director. The Patient Care Manager participates in the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you have what it takes?
- Ok with commute to Katy Campus
- Leadership with direct reports preferred
- Certification in specialty-specific area or nursing leadership preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
• Nursing license from Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse Licensure compact
• BLS- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
• 2 yrs. Nursing experience
- Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
- Monitors and facilitates patient throughput to ensure the delivery of safe quality and efficient care
- Coordinates and collaborates patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
- Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff. Coaches, counsels, and develops nursing staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care
- Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
- Participates in unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate nursing excellence
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.