We’re searching for a Medical Assistant II— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service, assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
- Welcome and interact with all patients, families, and visitors in a professional, timely, age appropriate, and culturally sensitive manner
- Respond to customer questions with prompt information and/or service related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Communicate with patient, staff, and providers regarding patient arrivals, delays, and clinic processes
- Proactively approach dissatisfied customers and implements customer service recovery measures
- Facilitate the appointment check-in procedure
- Collaborate with clinic staff to ensure efficient patient flow
- Provide high quality, cost-effective patient care in collaboration with clinicians and in conjunction with the patient/family
- Complete check out for patients and families
- Facilitate patient flow as the scheduling master for the clinic
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- College Degree in Relevant Field Preferred
- Required 2 years related experience
- Preferred experience in a healthcare setting or customer service focused industry and preferred outpatient clinic operations experience
Required Licenses/Certifications (Only one required from the list below)
- CCMA - Cert-Cert Clinical MA - CCMA by the National Health career Association
- CMA-AAM - Cert-Cert Medical Assistant by the American Association of Medical Assistants
- CMA-C - Clinical Medical Assistant Certification by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- EMT - Emergency Medical Techn by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-A - Advanced EMT by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-B - Emergency Medical Techn-Basic by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-I - Emergency Medical Techn-Interm by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-P - Emergency Medical Techn-Parame by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- LIC PAR - Lic-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- NCMA - National Cert Med Assistant by the National Center for Competency Testing
- NRCMA - Nat Reg Cert Med Assistant by the National Association of Health Professionals
- RMA-AAH : American Allied Health by the American Allied Health
- RMA-AAMP : American Association of Medical Personnel by the American Association of Medical Personnel
- RMA-AMT : American Medical Technologist by the American Medical Technologist
- RMA-ARMA : American Registry of Medical Assistants by the American Registry of Medical Assistants
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.