LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re looking for a Physical Therapist - Advanced Clinical Specialist, someone who’s ready to grow with our company. In this position you will plan, evaluate, organize, and implement Physical Therapy (PT) treatment programs in a developmentally and age-appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs patient care and related activities.
• Completes patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines.
• Develops an individualized plan of care based upon evaluation/reassessment findings according to hospital and department guidelines.
• In collaboration with patient and family, develops measurable long term and short-term goals as well as monitors outcome of treatment plan.
• Performs patient care and related activities within the scope of their level of training and responsibilities while demonstrating basic competencies and advanced clinical competencies in an area of specialty such as NICU, Special Care Units, serial casting, advanced electrical stim, static splinting, advanced aquatics, sensory integration, NDT, biodex evaluations and/or Lokomat,
• Participates in ongoing communication and collaboration with other members of the patient's interdisciplinary care team. Coordinates treatment plan with all parties involved in the patient's care.
• Monitors patient response to treatment intervention.
• Recommends complex and customized adaptive equipment as needed.
• Recommends termination of treatment when appropriate.
• Meets the productivity/time management expectations.
• Communicates effectively with patients, family, manager, department staff, physicians, and other health care professionals to promote quality care.
• All tasks are characterized by flexibility and fluidity in clinical situations; handles complex problems quickly with little reliance on conscious problem solving or "rules and principles".
• Conclusions are based upon thorough physiologic, psychosocial, and total team perspective.
• Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program.
• Provides instruction/education to patients and families/care givers.
• Document information in patient medical record and patient billing.
• Participates in staff and student development.
• Participates in the development of clinical competency programs to better serve our customers; patients, families, physicians, and other health care providers, etc.
• Selects and pursues professional career track; education, research, leadership, or clinical expertise.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required bachelor's degree Physical Therapy
• Required Licenses/Certifications
o PT - Physical Therapist by the State of Texas
o ASBIC-NDT - Adults with Stroke and Brain Injury Certification by the Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association (NDTA)
o ATP - Assistive Technology Practitioner by the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology: society of North American (RESNA)
o CBIS - Cert-Cert Brain Injury Spec by the Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialist (ACBIS)
o BC-WHCS - Board-Certified Women’s Health Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o BC-C&PCS - Board-Certified Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o CHT - Certified Hand Therapist by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC)
o CLT-LANA - Certified Lymphedema Therapist by the Lymphedema Assoc of North America Lymphedema Association of North America (LANA)
o CLT-ACOLS - Certified Lymphedema Therapist by the Academy of Lymphatic Studies Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS) (lifetime)
o CNT - Certified Neonatal Therapist Neonatal Therapy by the National Certification Board (NTCB)
o BC-SCS - Board-Certified Sports Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o CWS - Cert-Cert Wound SPCLST by the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM)
o BC-NCS - Board-Certified Neurology Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o BC-OCS - Board Certified Oncologic Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o OMPTF - Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist Fellowship by the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy (AAMOPT)
o BC-OrthoCS - Board-Certified Orthopedics Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o CCPOND-NDT - Children with Cerebral Palsy and Other Neuromuscular Disorders (Pediatric) by the Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association (NDTA)
o BC-PCS - Board-Certified Pediatrics Clinical Specialist by The American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
o PRPC - Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner Certification by the Herman & Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
o SC - Schroth Certification by the Schroth Barcelona Institute (SBI)
o TPS-ISPI - Therapeutic Pain Specialist - International Spine & Pain Institute by the International Spine & Pain Institute (ISPI)
o VR II - Vestibular Rehabilitation ll Certification by The American Institute of Balance (AIB)
o CVMP - Visceral Manipulation Certification by The Barral Institute
• Required 8 years Relevant Clinical Experience
About Texas Children’s