We are searching for a Medical Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide clinical support for patients in Texas Children's Hospital various ambulatory setting promoting cost effective, age appropriate, safe and high-quality family-centered care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcome and communicate effectively with patients, families, staff and physicians
- Respond to customer questions w/prompt information related to appointment status, wait time or unanticipated problems
- Ensures efficient patient flow
- Participate in planning optimal patient flow by monitoring provider schedules and communicating potential or actual problems
- Receive notification of patient's arrival and ready to room status from tracking system
- Perform spirometry without medications
- Inform patients, staff and providers of delays in patient flow that are occurring inside and outside of clinic
- Track prolonged wait times for patients in waiting room and investigates cause
- Document in medical records as appropriate
- Document pertinent information in the medical record such as current immunizations, allergy status, vital signs, current medications, etc.
- Responsibility for lab functions including point of care testing and phlebotomy
- Cross train and assist with clerical duties as requested
- Observe and enforce guidelines for infection control (includes cleaning toys and tables)
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required
- Technical diploma from a medical assisting or emergency medical technician program preferred
- Health Care or Pediatric Experience Preferred