LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re hunting for an Emergency Medical Technician, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in the Emergency Center setting. To provide direct care duties under the guidance and direction of the Registered Nurse.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Patient Care Support Functions as delegated by RN staff.
· Assist with: Suturing, spinal immobilization, obtaining specimens, airway procedures, postmortem care, and transport.
· Holds patients for various procedures and specimen collections including lumbar punctures.
· Performs EKG’s.
· Performs point of care testing and does quality control on approved point of care testing.
· Provides one-to-one observation for psychiatric emergencies, assists with (does not apply) restraints per hospital policy.
· Splinting and application of ace wraps.
· Crutch fitting and instruction.
· Minor wound care and dressings.
· Other tasks as delegated by RN staff are based on the Texas Administrative Code.
· Collaborates with Emergency Center Staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
· Demonstrates Effective Communication/Customer Service Skills.
Skills & Requirements
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Required H.S. Diploma or GED
· Required Licenses/Certifications
o EMT - Emergency Medical Techn by the Texas Department of State Health Services
o EMT-A - Advanced EMT by the Texas Department of State Health Services
o EMT-B - Emergency Medical Techn-Basic by the Texas Department of State Health Services
o EMT-I - Emergency Medical Techn-Interm by the Texas Department of State Health Services
o EMT-P - Emergency Medical Techn-Parame by the Texas Department of State Health Services
o LIC PAR - Lic-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services
· Preferred 1 year Experience as EMT
About Texas Children’s