LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Child Life Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll implement and provide a comprehensive program of Child Life Services that help meet the emotional, developmental, and social needs of children in a health care setting. To provide opportunities for children to gain a sense of mastery, offering play and learning experiences, and encouraging family and peer interaction.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Bachelor’s degree in Child Life, Psychology, Sociology, or Human Development required (masters preferred)
• CCLS – Certified Child Life SCLST from the Association of Child Life Professionals, acquired within 6 months of entering the role
• 2 years of Full time clinical experience as a Child Life Specialist preferred
• Provides child life assessments and normalizes the hospital environment for patients and families
• Conducts formal and informal developmental assessments of psychosocial needs of patients and families within 24 hours of referral
• Promotes and provides developmentally appropriate interventions for patients and families
• Prepares patients and families for procedure/treatment(s) using developmentally appropriate explanations
• Represents and communicates child life and psychosocial issues of pediatric health care to professionals outside of child life
• Participates in professional development of self and other child life professionals
• Collaborates in an intradepartmental effort to support the mission and vision of the Child Life Department
About Texas Children’s