LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Radiology Generalist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will integrate scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. The Generalist must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. Radiographers must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Technical diploma from a formal diagnostic Radiology program required
• R-AART certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists required
• CMRT certification from the Texas Medical Board required
• Confirms patient identity with approved identifiers
• Assesses factors that may contraindicate the procedure such as medication contraindications, patient risk for reaction to medications, patient history, laboratory results, insufficient patient preparation or artifacts
• Provides information to patients, health care providers, students and the public concerning the role and responsibilities of individuals in the profession
• Performs routine, portable, STAT, urgent, on-call and intraoperative diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopy cases while accurately demonstrating anatomy and pathology through proper diagnostic scanning
• Documents fluoroscopic time and radiation exposure
• Responsible for precise, complete, and accurate data entry and image management in appropriate technology infrastructure: EPIC, PACS, etc.
• Applies patient safety principles during all aspects of radiographic procedures, including assisting and transporting patients
• Reports all equipment issues to Bio-Med as issues are observed and follows up with manager or designee within one hour
• Elicits confidence and cooperation from the patient, public and other healthcare providers by providing timely communication and effective instruction
About Texas Children’s