LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re hunting for a Sleep Center Technologist, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will perform sleep studies and document results according to facility policy and procedures. You’ll need excellent communication skills in this position. You’ll be primarily responsible for conducting nighttime sleep studies. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Master neurodiagnostic sleep studies for quality results.
• Conduct tests in the Neurophysiology lab and inpatient units as required, in inpatient units according to departmental and MST standards of care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of product allergies, movement restrictions and different levels of consciousness the patient may experience.
• Apply electrodes accurately per international standards.
• Independently interpret waveforms, medical terms, and anatomy.
• Ensure patient safety, comfort, and education.
• Recognize and respond to patient needs effectively.
• Score sleep studies and clinical events professionally.
• Use appropriate equipment and maintain readiness.
• Communicate effectively with the team.
• Report incidents and equipment issues promptly.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment.
• Seek professional growth and educational opportunities.
• Prioritize customer service and documentation.
• Support high-quality patient care and billing.
• Seek exposure to educational opportunities to enhance professional growth and technical knowledge related to sleep-related disease and neurodiagnostic practice.
• Comply with training requirements and perform assigned tasks.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Is Required
• Technical Diploma/Graduate of A CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program) Accredited Sleep Program Is Preferred
• BLS - Cert-basic Life Support and RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technology Certifications Are Required
• RST - Registered Sleep Technologist Is Preferred
• 2 Years of Experience as a Sleep Technologist Required