LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Patient Access Representative -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will facilitate patient tracking and billing by obtaining/verifying accurate and complete demographic information, and financially securing and collecting out-of-pocket responsibility from guarantors to maximize hospital reimbursement. You will also identify non-resource patients for possible eligibility for government resources and/or the hospital's charity program and refer these patients to a financial counselor.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or GED required
· 6 months experience as an admissions representative/counselor performing all aspects of the registration process preferred
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree may be substituted for the required experience
· Obtains, verifies, and enters complete and accurate demographic information on all accounts to facilitate smooth processing through the revenue cycle
· Ensures assigned DARs and/or work queues are monitored and worked on a daily basis, ensuring that all elements of the accounts are secured for billing
· Financially secures all patient accounts to maximize hospital reimbursement in a customer service-oriented fashion
· Obtains insurance referrals, as required by individual insurance plans, documenting referral numbers in the appropriate fields for accurate billing.
· Contacts patient/guarantor prior to date of service to inform them of estimated payment due at the time of service. Documents details of all successful and unsuccessful attempts at patient/guarantor contact
· Obtains signatures from patient/guarantor for release of information, general consent to treat, statement of financial responsibility, Medicare and Champus forms, and other required paperwork, as measured by account audits, medical record review and feedback from downstream departments
· Documents in account notes all pertinent information required to successfully bill and collect on the claim
· Provides continuous support of process improvements through compilation of data, excellent customer service, monitoring and evaluation of departmental roles, and proposals for process improvement initiatives
About Texas Children’s