LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Patient Transporter – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide the following services in a timely, efficient, safe, friendly, and enthusiastic manner: patient transportation services, patient escort dispatch relief services, delivery of patient-related equipment, lab specimens, medications, and patient equipment cleaning.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption."
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption."
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Previous experience in a hospital setting preferred
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Transports/escorts patients promptly to and from patient rooms and patient care service areas utilizing proper patient transportation equipment within established time frame, as indicated on automated dispatch system (TeleTracking) and observed by manager
• Consistently verifies patient I.D. information against patient dispatch information to ensure accurate transportation of patients to the appropriate areas.
• Transports medications as requested, excluding controlled substances, following established medication security guidelines
• Cleans equipment regularly following departmental equipment cleaning procedures
• Provides relief for dispatching patient escort assignments as requested by management, accurately monitoring work assignments to Patient Escort Techs and bed transport personnel in a timely manner, and noting any delays or unusual circumstances
• Follows departmental communication plan to ensure accurate understanding and appropriate response to information related to job performance and employee expectations
About Texas Children’s