We are searching for a Physician Assistant who is motivated to work in an exciting pediatric setting!
In this position, you will practice in an advanced role to provide developmentally-appropriate and age-appropriate health maintenance for population focused specialty. The physician assistant (PA) works under a delineation of clinical privileges and works collaboratively with other members of the health care team, including the attending physicians, resident physicians and fellow physicians to provide comprehensive patient care in accordance with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. Practicing under established guidelines and clinical protocols, the PA assumes independent and interdependent responsibilities in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of treatment and procedures. Job duties are performed in a manner that is appropriate for the ages of patients served. The PA is responsible for education, research, consultation and evaluation of clinical practice at various levels.
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required Bachelor's Degree
- PA -Cert-Physician Assistant by the Texas Medical Board
- Pediatric experience strongly preferred.
- Daily utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Administers or provides medications as delegated by authorizing physician
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Provides the full spectrum of health care services to include health promotion, disease prevention, health protection, anticipatory guidance, counseling and disease management
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to population specific clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Participates in departmental Quality Improvement program annually
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.