LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for an Animal Assisted Therapy Coordinator (Certified Child Life Specialist)– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will implement and provide a comprehensive animal-assisted therapy facility dog program that supports the emotional, developmental, and social needs of children in a healthcare setting. This role will also provide opportunities for children to gain a sense of mastery, offer play and learning experiences, and encouraging family and peer interaction through animal-assisted therapy.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Bachelor’s degree in Child Life or related field required
• Certification for Child Life Specialist from the Association of Child Life Professionals required
• 2 years of experience as a Child Life Specialist preferred
• Experience with the care of animals preferred
• Coordinates and executes safe, therapeutic animal-assisted therapy
• Provides child life assessments and normalizes the hospital environment for patients and families
• Promotes and provides developmentally appropriate interventions for patients and families
• Represents and communicates psychosocial issues of pediatric health care and the benefits of animal-assisted therapy to professionals outside of child life
• Participates in the professional development of self and other child life professionals
• Collaborates in an intradepartmental effort to support the mission and vision of the Child Life department
About Texas Children’s