We are searching for a part-time Medical Assistant II with our Outpatient Sleep Clinic at the West Campus location -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in a healthcare setting. You will also assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the Covid-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
One of the following required
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant certificate from the National Health career Association required
- CMA-AAM- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- EMT Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-A Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-B Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-I Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-P Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- LIC PAR- License Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- NCMA- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing required
- NRCMA - Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals required
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants required
- 2 years of related experience required
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Performs patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Utilizes the patient management system to mark the arrival of patients and opens accounts
- Changes status of all non-arrived patients daily to reflect canceled, no-show, or rescheduled status
- Prioritizes patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process
- Assists with patient escorts and helps with paperwork as needed
- Assists in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope
- Reports abnormal or out of range data to RN or provider
- Ensures that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
- Monitors patient flow and fills in or assigns staff as necessary to avoid bottleneck and assure minimal patient wait time
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.