LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Medical Social Worker -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist patients and their families in making psychosocial adaptations specific to their diagnosis regarding mental/behavioral health, while facilitating eligibility determination for social programs and funding resources. You will apply optimal utilization of health care services and community resources in accordance with the principles of human growth and development. The social worker will assess, plan, implement, deliver, monitor, and evaluate the options and services required to address a patient's individualized plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to achieve discharge goals.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Master’s degree in social work required
• LMSW or LCSW license from the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council required
• Conducts a psychosocial assessment, evaluating patient/family psychosocial risk factors
• Collaborates with other professions to coordinate, implements & follow-up on the Psychosocial Plan of Care
• Identifies problems/needs in the department and participates in the problem-solving process as evidenced by participation in department staff meetings, participation on a department committees and observation by the leadership team
• Participates in Program Development for Purposes of Improved Quality of Care and Service Delivery
• Serves as a resource to other interdisciplinary team members regarding medical and or legal reporting guidelines as evidenced by leadership observation
• Provides evidence based, and client centered therapy to help patients and their families cope with their medical, behavioral, or mental health conditions
• Demonstrates ability to apply different therapeutic modalities for patient as indicated by patient needs and are accepted in mainstream social work practice
About Texas Children’s