We are searching for a Project Manager for the Department of Surgery- Pediatrics - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will be responsible for the organization and project management of broad-based department initiatives. You must have the ability to initiate action on projects with little direction and have strong analytical skills to be successful in this role. In this role, you will be responsible for organizing broad based initiatives and creating/maintaining key performance indicators. This is a data heaving operations project management role.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, Biology or other business, healthcare or science field required
- 4 years business, project management, finance or healthcare experience required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- A master’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, Biology or other business, healthcare or science field can be substituted for two years of experience
- Serve as project manager for various multi-faceted strategic and business-related projects
- Formulates, administers, and maintains the detailed Project Plan, which will include all required activities, tasks, risks, issues, and resources requirements, leading to a successful and timely implementation. Provides regular project status reports as required
- Ensures project documentation (agendas, minutes, project plans, presentations, etc.) is complete, timely, accurate, and in accordance with standards and policies
- Determines staff resource needs by assessing the size, duration, scope, and complexity of the project
- Obtains, validates, analyzes, and manipulates data from various internal and external sources to assist in making informed decisions
- Determines, analyzes, and formulates analysis of workflows, processes and data in regards to current practices, stakeholder needs and potential improvements