We are searching for an Ambulatory Services Representative for our Psychology Clinic - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting and is team-oriented. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing ambulatory clinics. You will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. You will also collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. You will also secure the financial integrity of the patient's account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Do you think you have what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-years’ experience in customer service required
- Healthcare and/or Scheduling experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Performs patient registration procedures per department process
- Obtains and verifies patient demographic data for each encounter
- Confirms patient appointments, verifying patient demographics and insurance information
- Enters, batches, and reconciles charges daily
- Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed
- Provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying, faxing, mailing and filing documents; and collecting and distributing mail
- Serves in key role to assure most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.