LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re looking for a Security Dispatcher I, someone who’s ready to grow with our company. In this position you will monitor and respond to automated building system alarms including fire protection, medical air/gas, refrigeration, pneumatic tube, access control, burglar alarm, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), and utility systems in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and regulatory agency codes. To dispatch and process work orders in computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to accurately document services requested, and actions taken to ensure customer satisfaction and to maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors and responds to automated building system alarms in accordance with departmental and hospital policies.
• Monitors automated building systems to include fire protection, medical air/gas, refrigeration, pneumatic tube, and utility systems to ensure operational and environmental safety.
• Responds appropriately to system alarms by identifying source of problem, performing required online adjustments, and/or providing technicians with appropriate information to resolve problems.
• Monitors access control, burglar alarm, infant abduction, and duress alarm systems.
• Document readings, alarms, and failures according to departmental policies.
• Processes and dispatches demand work orders.
• Documents resolution status of demand and preventive maintenance work orders.
• Monitors daily operational logs and systems of equipment and Public Safety announcements.
• Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned area and other designated areas.
• Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic, teamwork, and effective communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required H.S. Diploma or equivalent
• Preferred STATENG3 - Stationary Engineer, 3rd Grade
• Required 3 years Related dispatch experience “ and” Certificate program with a minimum of 500 hours in service-related technology (i.e., mechanical, electrical, security, or controls) and 3 years Security or police experience and 3 years' experience as a service-related technician
• Preferred prior hospital experience
About Texas Children’s