LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re hunting for an Assistant Director of Clinical Support Services, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will provide accountability for the clinical, operational, and human resources activities of the Clinical Support Services departments. Ensures and advocates for the delivery of high quality, developmentally appropriate, family centered care at the departmental level and throughout the organization by establishing collaborative relationships with Texas Children's leadership.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures the delivery of safe, high quality, age-appropriate, cost-effective care and/or service within a family centered care environment, as measured by variance analysis reports, revenue enhancement/expense reduction, patient satisfaction scores, patient complaints, regulatory compliance, and new programs/initiatives.
• Identifies, facilitates and coordinates departmental and hospital projects that promote:
• psychosocial needs of patients throughout the hospital system, resolution of issues between families and the hospital, and advocate for the needs of patients and families throughout the hospital system.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and communicates relevant information quickly with hospital departments, physicians, and unit leadership. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments.
• Ensures clinical quality and optimizes support of the psychosocial and developmental needs of the patient and family within a family-centered care environment.
• Develops, sets, and implements service/departmental strategy that supports the organization’s strategic plan and provides insight into Clinical Support Services departments. Identifies, provides and/or creates opportunities for self and staff to maintain competencies, develop professionally, and provide high-quality patient/family advocacy. Continually raises the level of functioning within the department through the provision of additional training programs, support of certification programs, licensure, and clinical ladder programs and offering of additional services.
• Researches and incorporates industry standards and best practices into all aspects of department(s). Works to establish Clinical Support Services as a model program for children’s hospitals throughout the United States.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required bachelor's degree with a preferred master's degree Business, Healthcare Administration, Social Work, or related field
• Required 3 years operations experience including 2 years of supervisory experience
• Preferred certification and/ or licensure within a clinical discipline in areas of Clinical Support Services responsibility
About Texas Children’s