LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are seeking a Spanish Interpreter for our Woodlands hospital -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide interpreting and translation services as needed while presenting a positive, professional image of Texas Children’s.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Provides oral interpreting services for Texas Children’s hospital areas including: inpatient, outpatient, day surgery and emergency center
• Provides oral interpreting of clinical and health care related discussions involving staff, patients, families and physicians
• Responds to interpreting assignments in an expedient and professional manner
• Maintains proper medical terminology vocabulary and fluency both in English and target language
• Facilitates information exchange by interpreting without editorializing and abides by a code of professional ethics
• Delivers video remote interpreting (VRI) devices to units/clinics as needed, and provides instruction on the use of the device
• Assumes on-call duties on a rotating basis
• Advises medical staff and other staff of international customs and norms to enhance better relations, respect, and cooperation via departmental meetings and occasional discussion groups.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• H.S. Diploma or GED Required
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• 2 years related healthcare experience required
• 2 years healthcare interpreter experience strongly preferred
• Medical Interpretation Certifications (CCHI, Certified Healthcare interpreter, or NBCMI) strongly preferred
• EPIC experience preferred
About Texas Children’s