We are searching for a Spanish Interpreter – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide interpreting and translation services as needed while presenting a positive, professional image of the hospital.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years of related healthcare experience
- 2 years Healthcare interpreter experience highly preferred
- Medical translator/interpreter certification preferred.
- Provide oral interpreting services for domestic and international patients
- Deliver telephone interpreting services
- Provide written translation services while following established rules pertaining to word meaning, grammar and sentence structure
- Perform departmental duties as needed
- Support the international patient program
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.