We are searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) with our Outpatient Women's Services at the Women's Pavilion-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position the staff nurse is responsible for phone triage for OB/GYN patients, referrals, communication with outside offices, working in EPIC and My Charts, prescription refills and some in-person education with patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing Or Associates Degree in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Or Technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement
- Or Must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN.
- Verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement is required.
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
- 2 or more years RN experience preferred
- Previous OB/GYN experience highly preferred
- Labor and Delivery preferred
- Intermediate or Advanced Fetal monitoring preferred
- Previous Outpatient experience preferred
- Assist with the collection of patient/family data
- Documents current medications, allergies and other information per practice protocol with 100% accuracy
- Prepares patient for examination per practice protocol
- Administers medication as directed by physician per practice protocol
- Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or practice protocol
- Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payor prior to initiating referral
- Triages presenting patient complaint per practice protocol
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory test
- Communicates any quality control issues, proficiency issues and/or instrument failures to department leadership
- Assures compliance with regulatory requirements, i.e. CLIA, OSHA, and JCAHO
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.