We are searching for a Floor Care Technician -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform scheduled and requested cleaning and maintenance of the hospital floors in accordance with departmental and hospital standards. Assists in the cleaning of emergency spills as observed or on request and responds within five minutes utilizing prescribed methods. Responsibilities may include dispenses cleaning chemicals according to manufacturer’s recommendations; Sweeps, mops, details corners, burnishes, shower scrubs, strips and waxes; maintains tools and equipment on a daily basis; and ensures adequate supply inventories to perform daily job responsibilities. To meet or exceed customer expectations as specified in the Service Quality Agreement (SQA)
Think you’ve got what it takes
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Required 1-year experience in floor care cleaning and maintenance
- Performs cleaning duties in assigned areas daily according to standard operating and approved infection control procedures
- Demonstrates ownership for responsibilities in assigned zone and other designated areas
- Demonstrates accountability for customer service and professional behavior through personal work ethic, teamwork, and effective communication skills
- If assigned, locates, visually inspects, tests functionality, and cleans patient equipment
About Texas Children’s
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.