LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Child Life Activity Coordinator -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide a comprehensive play program with a focus on ensuring opportunities for normal growth and development, normalization/mastery of the environment, peer to peer support by encouraging family and peer interaction, and healing experiences through play.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Normalizes the hospital environment and supports developmental needs
• Prioritizes patient play/activity needs through daily report or verbal consults as evidenced by unit leadership team observation
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assess individualized patient care goals that can be met through normalizing play
• Provides developmentally appropriate activities at bedside
• Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized activity room environment
• Conducts scheduled volunteer orientation and supports the volunteers' learning
• Works collaboratively with the Office of Philanthropy to generate goodwill for the child life program
• Demonstrates effective communication skills that promote free expression of ideas and viewpoints, by acknowledging value in others’ perspectives, and using conflict resolution techniques in a direct manner when appropriate while maintaining a positive working environment
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1 year experience working with children in a hospital environment preferred
• Experience with technology preferred
About Texas Children’s