We are searching for a Inpatient Staff Nurse- Infusion Center/Hemoc- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age-appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family-centered principles and cost-effective care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license, technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement, or currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN is required
- RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse Licensure Compact required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- 1-year professional nursing experience required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
- Develops an individualized plan of care based upon the nursing assessment reflecting the bio-physical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs of the patient/family and ensures plan is initiated, dated, and individualized by the RN within 24 hours of admission
- Executes therapeutic physician or nurse interventions according to established standards of practice and appropriate policies and procedures related to care delivery
- Identifies and documents changes in patient’s condition and/or abnormal findings and uses appropriate problem solving and interventions
- Identifies actual/potential barriers to learning (emotional, physical, cognitive, etc.) and utilizes teaching strategies and materials as appropriate to the learning ability of the patient/family
- Ensures and participates in ongoing communication with other health care team members in order to provide timely performance of diagnostic examination and effective patient flow from admission to discharge
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation and prioritization skills related to patient interventions and therapiesand cost-effective care.