Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides office services support.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner, takes accurate messages and transfers calls to the appropriate party in a courteous and timely manner.
- Develops and maintains a system for tracking and restocking office supply inventory that insures a constant and adequate supply of necessary operational supplies required for personnel and for all office machines and store them in an orderly, easily retrievable manner.
- Coordinates daily general communications functions including 1) timely pick-up, delivery and distribution of departmental mail, accurate preparation of outgoing mail, courier and other mail media items for departmental personnel; 2) reliably handling e-mail and facsimile correspondence as directed
- Maintains in stock and in an orderly manner the coffee and other food supplies provided by department, and ensures maintenance of general cleanliness of department, including scheduling of routine and/or needed maintenance of facilities (carpets, walls, etc.), machines, etc.
- Performs department specific customer service functions.
- Orders and maintains appropriate par levels of office supplies and manages within budget.
- Completes assigned tasks for onboarding of new employees.
- Performs administrative duties.
- Performs other essential job-related functions.
- Performs scheduling tasks.
Skills & Requirements
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
- 2 Years Administrative/Secretarial Experience, preferably in a Healthcare Environment