LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re searching for a Manager of Radiology — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will effectively lead the imaging sections of the Radiology department by ensuring that staff have sufficient resources, training, and leadership to provide the finest possible pediatric services in a cost-effective manner. You’ll ensure linkage with the Hospital's resources through promotion of positive inter- and intra-departmental communications and relationships. You'll also ensure that patient care is provided developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Manages the daily operations of their designated section(s) Computerized Tomography (CT), Interventional Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Rad / Fluoro, Ultrasound, Women’s Radiology, and Nuclear Radiology/ PET by providing direction, leadership, resources, and staff development to the employees, daily.
Ensures quality patient care in the department by providing a conduit between department and institutional nursing practices, daily.
Monitors staffing requirements and productivity levels by reviewing units of service and staffing levels on an annual or as needed basis and realigning staff or requesting changes in staffing, as necessary.
Ensures compliance with budgetary constraints by monitoring purchases daily.
Guides performance improvement of the department by identifying opportunities to improve quality of services for patients, families, and physicians and to ensure productive outcomes when change is required.
Guides the staff development process of the department to help employees succeed in job specific duties and to encourage continuous education by providing service and career development opportunities, as needed.
Actively participates in cost control by developing, evaluating, and maintaining internal expense tracking systems and monthly financial reporting methods for the department.
Acts as the primary liaison for the student programs by coordinating educational opportunities and maintaining amenable relationships with officials of the affiliated health care schools.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required Technical diploma Graduate of a formal diagnostic Radiology program or bachelor's
• Preferred master's degree in healthcare or management related fields
• Completion of a master's level degree will substitute for formal supervisory experience
• Required Licenses/Certifications
• CMRT - Cert Med Radiologic Techngst by the Texas Medical Board And
• R-ARRT - ARRT RegTech Radiography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology Or
• N-ARRT - ARRT RegTech Nuclear Med Tech by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology Or
• CT-ARRT - ARRT RegTech Comp Tomography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology Or
• VI-ARRT – ARRT RegTech Vascular Interventional Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
• Prefer S-ARRT-ARRT RegTECH Sonographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
• Prefer-RDMS-Cert-Reg Diag Medical Sono by American Registry of Radiologic Technology
• Prefer MR-ARRT-ARRT RegTech Mag Reason Imaging by
• Required 3 years Clinical experience in Radiology and 1 year of formal supervisory experience or 5 years Radiology Advanced Specialist experience at Texas Children's Hospital
• Completion of a Master’s level degree will substitute for formal supervisory experience.
• Preferred experience in an academic environment and Radiology
• Preferred experience in project management, business planning and quality improvement