We are searching for a full-time Medical Assistant II with our Texas Children's Outpatient Neurology Clinic Woodlands location -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide patient care and excellent customer service in a healthcare setting. You will also assist in the coordination of flow and provider schedules to effectively manage patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the Covid-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
One of the following certifications required:
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant certificate from the National Health career Association required
- CMA-AAM- Certified Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- EMT Certified Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-A Certified Advanced Emergency Medical Technologist from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- EMT-B Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Basic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- EMT-I Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Intermediate from the Texas Department of State and Health Services required
- EMT-P Certified Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- LIC PAR- License Paramedic from the Texas Department of State and Health Services
- NCMA- National Medical Assistant Certification from the National Center for Competency Testing
- NRCMA - Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant from the National Association of Health Professionals
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant from the American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- College degree preferred
- 2 years of related experience required
- Experience in a health care setting or customer service-focused industry preferred
- Outpatient clinic operations experience preferred
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and/or services related to appointment status, wait time, or unanticipated problems
- Performs patient registration procedures per clinic process
- Utilizes the patient management system to mark the arrival of patients and opens accounts
- Changes status of all non-arrived patients daily to reflect canceled, no-show, or rescheduled status
- Prioritizes patients to be roomed based on appointment and arrival times and other clinic procedures
- Assists, as needed, licensed staff with the non-financial aspects of the inpatient admission process
- Assists with patient escorts and helps with paperwork as needed
- Assists in the collection and documentation of patient/family data which includes biophysical and psychosocial information according to clinic scope
- Reports abnormal or out of range data to RN or provider
- Ensures that requisitions have necessary clinical, demographic, billing, and payor information
- Monitors patient flow and fills in or assigns staff as necessary to avoid bottleneck and assure minimal patient wait time
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.