We are searching for a Physician Assistant who is motivated to work in an exciting pediatric setting!
In this position, you will work under a delineation of clinical privileges and works collaboratively with other members of the health care team, including the attending physicians, resident physicians, and fellow physicians to provide comprehensive patient care in accordance with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners. Practicing under established guidelines and clinical protocols, the PA assumes independent and interdependent responsibilities in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of treatment and procedures.
This team provides daytime inpatient coverage at West Campus in Katy, TX. This employee is required to complete their 3-6 month orientation and training at The Medical Center in Houston, TX. This provider will be responsible for inpatient rounding and ER consults for Pediatric Psychiatry.
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required Bachelor's Degree
- PA -Cert-Physician Assistant by the Texas Medical Board
- At least one year of Physician Assistant experience strongly preferred in psychiatry or behavioral health.
- Daily utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skills to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data, and to manage a caseload of patients
- Administers or provides medications as delegated by authorizing physician
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Provides the full spectrum of health care services to include health promotion, disease prevention, health protection, anticipatory guidance, counseling and disease management
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to population specific clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Participates in departmental Quality Improvement program annually
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.