We are searching for a Sports Physical Therapist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will plan, evaluate, organize and implement Physical Therapy (PT) treatment programs in a developmentally and age-appropriate manner for patients ages 0 - adulthood.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Degree in Physical Therapy required
- PT certification from the state of Texas required
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association preferred
- 5 years clinical pediatric experience OR 1-year pediatric medical residency experience required
- Inpatient coverage may be required for designated populations
- SCS, OCS, or CHT Preferred
- Completes patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develops an individualized plan of care based upon evaluation/reassessment findings according to hospital and departmental guidelines
- Provides clinical support to assigned outpatient clinic or specialty program
- Provides successful mentorship opportunities to less experienced staff (in area of specialty) as determined by evaluations completed by the “learner”
- Documents patient information in Electronic Medical Record according to hospital and departmental guidelines with no more than six (6) errors per year
- Provides clinical leadership role as a clinical instructor for at least 1 professional student per year
- Informs manager or designee of all unsafe and potentially unsafe situations, patient/personal injury, anticipated problems and unusual situations
- Actively participates in the development and gathering of Quality Improvement information
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.