We are searching for a Outpatient Occupational Therapist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll plan, evaluate, organize, and implement occupational therapy treatment programs in a developmentally and age-appropriate manner.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy required
- OT certification required
- 2 years’ pediatric and/or clinical experience preferred
- Complete patient evaluations and reassessments in accordance with hospital and department guidelines
- Develop an individualized plan of care based on evaluation findings
- Develop measurable long-term and short-term goals
- Manage the schedule effectively to maintain productivity expectations
- Participate in ongoing communication and collaboration with other members of the patient’s interdisciplinary care team
- Monitor patient response to treatment intervention
- Recommend appropriate adaptive equipment and/or termination of treatment when appropriate
- Collaborate with the clinic/program team to assess the need for clinical support
- Ensure patient authorization prior to providing therapy treatment
- Assess patient and family needs regarding their level of understanding, readiness to learn, ability to assimilate information, and the most desirable method of teaching
- Develop and instruct the patient and family for appropriate home treatment programs
- Document the patient information in the electronic medical record
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.