We are searching for an Ambulatory Services Representative for our West Campus location - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide excellent customer service as the first contact for patients, providers and staff accessing ambulatory clinics. You will expedite the outpatient check-in and check-out processes by reviewing appointment status using electronic appointment system to view information regarding appointment, insurance, and history. You will also collect pre-visit payments and communicate with the clinic liaison regarding factors impacting the patient visit and general clinic-patient flow. You will also secure the financial integrity of the patient's account by verifying benefits and obtaining referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-years’ experience in customer service required
- Scheduling/telephone experience preferred
- Healthcare and/or Pediatric experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Performs patient registration procedures per department process
- Calling families to schedule sleep studies; re-scheduling sleep studies, as needed.
- Checking in patients/families for their sleep studies.
- Obtains and verifies patient demographic data for each encounter
- Confirms patient appointments, verifying patient demographics and insurance information
- Enters, batches, and reconciles charges daily
- Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed
- Provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying, faxing, mailing and filing documents; and collecting and distributing mail
- Serves in key role to assure most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.