We are searching for a Coordinator of Infection Control -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will function as a consultant/adviser to all areas of the Hospital in the prevention and control of both community-acquired and healthcare-associated infections. Works with other ancillary departments in the Hospital to assist in the education of personnel, physicians, affiliated student populations, and families of patients on issues involving patient care practices, JCAHO, CDC, TDH, OSHA, and other official agency’s requirements and employee health/safety.
Think you’ve got what it takes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collects and analyzes data on types and rates of community-acquired and healthcare-associated infections in order to make recommendations for changes
- Develops educational programs on issues related to infection control for all Hospital personnel on both a formal and informal basis- Programs are developed for each department of the Hospital on a yearly and prn basis. Programs are based on the needs of the Department, new state and federal regulations, new Hospital policies, and specific areas of interest that are identified by the Department.
- Participates on the Infections Committee and collaborates with other departments, and committees to improve patient care and outcomes
- Acts as a consultant to all Hospital departments on the development and performance of activities related to infection control
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all areas of infection control and utilizes this knowledge in making recommendations for change
Skills & Requirements
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Required Associate's degree in nursing OR Bachelor's Degree Scientific, Clinical, or Public Health-related field with a preferred Master's Degree in Scientific, Clinical, or Public Health-related field
- Preferred Licenses/Certifications : RN - Lic-Registered Nurses by the Texas Board of Nursing, CIC - Cert-Cert in Infection Control by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc
- 2 years of healthcare infection control experience in a hospital setting.
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Sugar Land, TX