LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We’re looking for an Urgent Care Nurse Supervisor (RN), someone who’s ready to grow with our company. In this position you will supervise and direct clinical staff. Coordinates the daily operations of the Urgent Care Centers and various projects as assigned by Urgent Care leadership. Assesses and provides direct care to patients.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Required Diploma in Nursing or associate degree in nursing or an associate degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license with a preferred bachelor's degree in nursing
• Required RN - Lic -Registered Nurses Texas Board of Nursing or Nursing Licensure Compact and BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support American Heart Association
• Required 1 year experience as a staff nurse or 1 year experience as an LVN with a preferred 1-year supervisory experience
• To supervise and direct clinical staff and to gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients.
• Supports Nurse Manager in developing and coaching competent staff.
• Assists in the development of staff along the novice to expert continuum in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
• Supervises and evaluates clinical staff to ensure optimal level of job performance for the consistent delivery of safe, high-quality patient care and customer service.
• Directs clinical staff in patient care provision; maintaining professional nursing standards and adhering to organizational policies, procedures, and recommendations.
• Schedules staff based on practice need and budget. Assures appropriate staffing to provide coverage for patient volume.
• Monitors and ensures patient flow.
• Identifies, recommends, and initiates long range planning for improvement of patient care.
• Maintains appropriate inventory control of medical supplies and medications.
• Assures compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Presents professional image, manner and behavior at all times.
• Shares relevant information with staff via staff meetings, memos, posting or other effective forms of communication.
• Orients staff, as appropriate, and submits paperwork in accordance with TCP policies and established timeframes.
• Conducts or delegates educational in-services regularly and as needed. Maintains documentation of content and attendance.
• Identifies staff development needs, coaching and counseling to ensure optimal job performance.
• Participates in interdisciplinary meetings to promote and ensure adjustment and continuity of patient care.
• Engages in collaborative quality improvement efforts and utilization of current research or best practice findings in nursing practice.
• Supports Nurse Manager in the daily operations of assigned Urgent Care.
• Provides general patient care as needed.
• Demonstrates Creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers.
About Texas Children’s