LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist II / Medical Assistant – this is a dual role, and the incumbent will need to be someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render population-appropriate care for low-acuity pediatric patients. Also coordinates and performs the scheduling of patients, receives, and greets visitors, answers, and handles incoming calls, coordinates the referral process, enters accurate billing information into the system, and transmits accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• H.S. Diploma or GED Required
• BLS Certification - Basic Life Support Required
• 2 years Related experience Required
• Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per site protocol
• Collects and documents vital signs, height/weight, the reason for visit, and documents current medications, allergies, and other information
• Coordinates referrals, ensuring that the family has contact information for referral and any necessary documentation needed for the referral
• Prepares patient for examination per site protocol
• Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations, and testing as directed by provider and within the scope of the site
• Completes treatments, documents all interventions, calls in prescription refills, takes messages and returns call from parents – offers telephone health advice, assists in providing emergency patient care
• Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per site protocol
• Documents administration of medication and immunizations in the medical record per site protocol
• Documents adverse reactions to medications per policy and procedure notifies Site Manager of needed medication and supplies, maintains the integrity of medication supplies by following infection control and inventory control guidelines
• Provides patient/family education as instructed by the physician or site protocol
• Verifies provider order and patient per site protocol, collects and processes specimen using proper technique, follows site protocol in reporting and documenting results
• Maintains and prepares reagents appropriately and performs and documents required reagent checks, including monitoring of expiration dates, takes appropriate action, and documents out-of-control values
• Reviews billing information and processes patient payment
• Maintains integrity of the medical record and monitors patient information and other practice data
About Texas Children’s