We’re hunting for an Assistant Director of Urgent Care, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will be responsible for the overall operation of care sites, and other initiatives. The Assistant Director also advises the Urgent Care Site Managers on managerial, financial, and administrative matters.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required bachelor's degree in health care administration, Public Health, or related field
- Required 5 years of health care experience and 1-year of supervisory experience
- Mentors and develops leadership skills and provides development opportunities through education/training, feedback and coaching of site managers and supervisors or appropriate personnel.
- Identifies and communicates monthly performance variances by monitoring financial performance for each site. Works with the sites to develop action plans to address variances identified. Monitors and recommends staffing levels and skill mix by reviewing benchmark data and productivity levels.
- Monitors customer satisfaction of care sites with the physicians and managers through communication and feedback. Identifies and facilitates process improvement needs that improve customer satisfaction, patient flow or employee satisfaction throughout the sites.
- Works with Leadership and Site Managers to develop annual budgets for each site.
- Works to identify and resolve process issues and enhances site policies and procedures by actively participating in committees. Participates and contributes to ongoing project teams to ensure project integration throughout the assigned sites.
- Monitors facility needs and will help with leadership discussion make recommendations for improvements based on site specific strategic goals, budget and community need.
About Texas Children’s
Texas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in nine convenient community locations across the greater Houston area. Texas Children’s Urgent Care has also expanded to serve the children and families of Austin, Texas, with its first community location in South Austin. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.