LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Director of Audit Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will direct, and lead management of the Internal Audit function primarily related to the Texas Children's Health Plan (TCHP) third line of defense activities while being a controls and assurance thought leader, solutions-focused, and collaborative with management. Identify, assess and evaluate financial, operational, compliance and information system risks and propose solutions and/or recommendations to assist TCHP in the decision-making process to minimize or eliminate risks. Prepare
impactful reports for various levels of leadership and applicable governing bodies. The Director of Audit Services must have an excellent ability to drive outcomes and manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously and with high quality.
Skills & Requirements
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Required Bachelor's Degree.
• Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field or other Advanced degree
• 7 years Audit, finance, or similar experience, including at least two (2) years of formal management/supervisory experience
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Info Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)preferred.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Directs and manages the TCHP Internal Audit function based on industry best practices and in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professional Standards for the Practice of Internal Audit
• Ensures appropriate allocation of existing audit resources for adequate audit coverage and completion of the TCHP Annual Audit Plan
• Obtains the Audit & Compliance Subcommittee of the Board of Trustees’ approval of the annual TCHP Audit Plan
• Provides periodic updates to Governing Bodies (ACR, ACSG, TCHP Board) and communicate factors that could impact completion of Audit Plan
• Direct and coordinate the design, execution, and periodic reporting of Audit-led and Audit-supported projects
• Responsible for conducting health plan-wide annual risk assessment to use as the basis for the annual TCHP Audit Plan
• Identify opportunities to coordinate and to partner with organization-wide initiatives, community programs and volunteer and fundraising events to enhance the overall transparency and visibility of TCHP Audit Services within Texas Children's.
• Lead the ongoing key performance indicators of the Audit team and individual team members and perform ongoing evaluation of skillset inventory.
• Communicate with executive management and leadership to evaluate and report the impact of unmitigated risks, deferred implementation of remediation plans, and/or the impact of assessments to mitigate key regulatory, contractual, compliance, financial, technology and operational risks.
About Texas Children’s